Quality Control & Assurance
Quality Assurance, Processes, Standards & Guarantees
As a true management group, we pride ourselves in staffing the most experienced personnel in the industry today. A majority of LMG's personnel have previously been employed in the legal industry and understand your need for simplicity and accessibility through an automated solution. When LMG set the foundation for our unparalleled quality standards, we looked at your needs from every stage of the automated process, acting as the client for the proper perspective.
Coding QA Standards
Our coding process is based on the initial coding, followed by redundant coding, and then a reconciliation of any differences in the data. This three-prong approach offers you an extraordinarily high level of data accuracy. There are checks and validations built into every field to ensure consistency of coded data. The software also has an online interface allowing the customer to inspect the data at the end of every day to ensure consistency and continuous feedback.
The Quality Control process is built into every stage of our coding process, namely:
- Unitization – The unitization process is done by an operator and 100% verified by another operator. The software automatically checks for ranges exceeding a certain threshold value, such as documents with more than 100 pages, wrong bates range, etc.
- Database Coding – In the coding process, there are checks and validations built into every field, i.e.,:
- Date – The date field is checked for a valid date, a date within a range
- Author/Recipient – The list is normalized; as and when new names/organizations appear, the system alerts the operator to double check
- Title – There is a build in spell checker to check spellings on the title entry
- Proofing – The coded data prior to shipment is checked for consistency, spelling, data relevance and visual formatting
- Delivery – Prior to and after upload, the Data is verified for file size to ensure no loss in transmission
Final Deliverable QA Standards
LMG believes that it is critical to look at the functionality of your overall coordinated solution. Whether your final deliverable is provided on an interim load basis or an entire data load, our test laboratories work to ensure the quality of your final deliverable by continuously testing the overall functionality prior to your receipt.
Creating the final deliverable product (CD, DVD, etc.) begins after imaging and coding have been completed and have met all of LMG's quality standards. Prior to creating a deliverable, all data and linked images are loaded into a corresponding database which operates parallel to the database being utilized by the client. This allows for the creation of a imaging database, identical to the client-side which guarantees error free data loading, image linking, searching capabilities and tracking.
There are many different types and formats of ASCII load files. LMG's programming division has developed customized software that gives us the flexibility in the creation of any requested ASCII file. Furthermore, our data analysts utilize customized Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Access queries, Text Pad, Ultra Edit32, FoxPro and other tools to create, analyze and control virtually any type of Cross-Reference/load files (i.e., Concordance, Summation, IPRO, etc.). All created ASCII delimited files are tested to guarantee proper loading and image linking functionality.